Marcos M. Garza
MARCOS M. GARZA attended Vanderbilt University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a double-major in Human & Organizational Development in 1996. In 1998, Mr. Garza received a Master of Science degree in Social Work (MSSW) from the University of Tennessee College of Social Work in Nashville, Tennessee. Mr. Garza received his Doctor of Jurisprudence form the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2001.
During Law School, Mr. Garza was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps in 1999. While stationed at Marine Corps Base in Quantico, Virginia, Mr. Garza's military experience included Criminal, Operational Law, Legal Assistance, Ethics, Administrative Law, and Income Taxation. Mr. Garza's billets also included that of a Prosecutor/Trial Counsel of Cocouselurts Martials and as Aide-de-Camp of a General Officer. Mr. Garza finished his Active Duty tour with the rank of Captain.
Mr. Garza formerly worked in the areas of personal injury, family law and general civil litigation as a solo practitioner. Mr. Garza associated with the Law Offices of James A.H. Bell, P.C. from 2005 - 2007. In 2007, Mr. Garza began his own practice of The Garza Law Firm, PLLC and serves as Of Counsel to The Oberman Law Firm in Knoxville, Tennessee. He has concentrated his practice on personal injury and criminal defense law.
Mr. Garza is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, the Knoxville Bar Association, the Tennessee Association for Justice (formerly Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association), the Sevier County Bar Association, Life Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers Association) and the American Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in both State and Federal Courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Trucking Accidents
- Tennessee, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2006
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2001
- University of Tennessee College
- Master of Science - 1998
- Major: Social Work
- Vanderbilt University
- Bachelor of Science - 1996
- Major: Psychology
- Major: Human & Organizational Development
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member
- Sevier County Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Association for Justice, Board Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Life Member
- American Association for Justice, Board Member, NLD
Past Employment Positions
- United States Marine Corps, Captain - Judge Advocate, 1999 - 2005